Our another latest How to Begin a Blog article.
Hope you are excited to read it! Starting a blog is not hard at ALL!!! Isn’t that Great!
Let us have an overview of this article and the meaning of blogging, so that you can have a better idea of it.
Before we start the process how to set up a blog you must learn the meaning of blogging (short revision).
So we should start?
Meaning of blogging
Blogging is the practice of updating a webpage with the new content of a niche after a fixed internal decided by the blogger.
The content shown in the blog is in reverse chronological order which simply means that your latest update will be shown in the top and your oldest post will be shown below.
If you want to learn more about the meaning of blogging visit now.
To have a more clear understanding of how to build a blog, do read the meaning of blogging.
Now let’s make our first move in how to begin a blog by purchasing a domain.
How to buy a domain - Step- 1 (At Discount) : In How To Begin a Blog
- Click on the sign in button-(substep 2)
- Then click on the create account- (substep 3)
- Create a account in godaddy, fill the email, username and password. (substep 4)
- Now sign in godaddy (substep 5)
Now search for the domain you want in the search bar (substep 6)
- Always choose .com extention, it is good for bloggers.
- Now click to continue to cart (substep 7)
- Uncheck all extra features (substep 8)
- Then click to continue to cart (substep 9)
- Change the domain registration to 1 year and fill the card details (substep 10)
Use promo code (Use code – rpacc19da , cjc99r) (substep 11)
- Then click to complete purchase (substep 12)
Hope you are liking our new article on how to start a blog if you do just subscribe to us and do comment.
How to buy a hosting - Step- 2 (At Discount) : In How To Begin a Blog
Choose A2hosting to host your website because I am using it and personally suggest you to use it as a hosting provider because I am fan of it and its services.
So our second main step in how to begin a blog in 2020 is to buy hosting from the best hosting provider!
Follow the procedure to buy hosting from a2hosting.
Click the link A2hosting
- Go to a2hosting– (sub step 1)
- Click on shared hosting- (sub-step 2)
- then on web hosting- (sub step 3)
- Choose the Lite Plan and click on get Lite- (sub step 4)
- Now a screen will come where you have to register a domain but you choose (I will use my existing domain and update my name server) – (sub step 5)
- Submit your domain name and click use. (sub step 5)
- Now a screen will come where you have to make some changes, so start with billing cycle make it 12 months, turbo boost (NO), Dropmy site backups (no backups), Server location (Arizona), a2website builder (None), barracuda spam firewall (None), SSL certificates (Lets Encrypt), Railgun (None), Auto- Install application (None) – (sub step 6)
- Now click continue to cart.
- Now verify that SOFAST code is used or not.
(sub step 7)
Link Domain name with hosting - Step - 3 : In How To Start Begin a Blog
- When you have a domain name and a hosting from two different companies.
This is the easiest step in how to start a blog all you have to do is link domain and hosting. Just that! Isn’t it
- Then what you have to do is Go to your Godaddy account and find your domain name in it. Go to My products
- Once you find the domain name click on the DNS button.
- Scroll down to NAMESERVERS IN DNS
Click on change and select custom
Go to your email which you got from a2hosting after purchasing.
Now again open your Godaddy DNS screen, you can see your nameservers.
- Select nameserver 1(ns.1) and copy it to the DNS of Godaddy nameserver 1
- Select nameserver 2 and copy it to the DNS of Godaddy nameserver 2
- Select nameserver 3 and copy it to the DNS of Godaddy nameserver 3
- Select nameserver 4 and copy it to the DNS of Godaddy nameserver 4
- Make sure your nameserver match
- Now click save in the nameserver in Godaddy
- You will get a notification that this process might take some time around 24 hours, so don’t be in a hurry.
Congratulations now all you have to do is just install WordPress which is a 5 minute process, in how to start a blog. You have done very well till now, keep it up.
Install WordPress - Step 4 : In How To Begin a Blog
- Go to cpanel login and click on cpanel login button
- Now scroll down and find softaculous app installer, and click on blogs button.It will take you one step closer to download wordpress.
- A screen will appear. Click blog button and then click on WordPress button as shown in the above image.
- Now fill the details showing up on your screen like choose protocol (always for https) site name, site description, admin username, admin password, admin email, etc.
- Remember admin username and the admin password is really important so save it somewhere.
- Now hit the install button.
- Congrats WordPress has installed and you can check your website how it looks
- WordPress admin URL – domain name/wp-admin ( To login your WordPress site use the admin username and admin password)
Design your website - Step 5 : In How to Begin a Blog
Now designing is the most important thing in having a WordPress site.
While it is easy for those who have a practice, but you don’t worry just follow this procedure.
After you log in your WordPress site. go to pages and delete all and make it a fresh blog.
Then go to post, and delete all posts.
Now go setting and click on permalinks.
Change permalinks to post name.
How to add themes or upload a theme
Go to appearance menu and click themes
Search for a category like business, blogs, food, etc , it will show you themes related to each category (my personal suggestion go for ocean wp theme, it is fully customizable).
Click install and activate (also remember to download other required plugins needed by the theme like ocean )
How to create a page in WordPress
Go to your WordPress dashboard
Find pages menu click on it and then click add new to add new pages
Enter the title of your page
Enter the title of your page
Put content on your page using WordPress editor or elementor (personal suggestion use elementor)
Click publish when you have finished using elementor or WordPress editor.
How to add categories in WordPress
Adding categories is an important part of blogging as you are going to have many different topics to cover an
First, go to post button and hover then click on categories, now carefully follow the next step.
Do not add parent category option better to leave it as none if you are creating your parent category.
How to create a post in wordpress
- Go to posts menu and click add new
- Add a title to your post
- Select the category in which you want it to see, always remember to select your parent category and subcategory (select subcategory when you have otherwise parent category is good to go with).
- And click edit with elementor (if you are using it otherwise you can use WordPress editor)
- Now drag and drop text editor on the screen.
- Put the content on it.
- Do changes with the text font, color, and size.
- and hit publish.
How to install plugins in WordPress
Go to the plugins menu and click it
Click the add button
Search the name of the plugin you want
When you searched that plugin
Click install and activate